Did you miss online registration? Don’t want to wait in long lines Saturday morning? Not a problem!
You can register at Early Packet Pickup this Friday, 3:30-7pm, at MADACC, 3839 W. Burnham, West Milwaukee. Register and get your race materials immediately on Friday, then skip the long day-of registration lines on Saturday!
Our online registration has closed, but you can still sign up on Saturday morning before the event, beginning at 8 a.m. We recommend arriving as early as possible to avoid long lines.
If you’ve already registered, thanks! Please pick up your race materials at our Early Packet Pickup this Friday at MADACC, 3839 W. Burnham, West Milwaukee, from 3:30 to 7 p.m. If you can’t make the early pickup, don’t worry, you can get your packet on Saturday at Hart Park, beginning at 8 a.m.
See you soon!
As you make your plans for Memorial Day weekend, don’t forget that online registration for Walk Run Wag 2015 closes at midnight on Sunday!
Registering in advance means you can pick up your race materials early, 3:30-7pm on Friday, May 29, at MADACC (3839 W. Burnham St., West Milwaukee). You’re also guaranteed a WRW 2015 t-shirt in your preferred size. And you get to sleep in on Saturday, May 30, the day of the event (and avoid the long day-of registration lines!).
Register online before Sunday, May 24, and you’ll save $5 on every adult registration, too! (Children and dogs always register for free!)
And remember, WRW 2015 is so much more than a 5k and 1- or 2-mile walk. We’ve got dock diving, lure coursing, agility, food trucks, vendors, face painting, beer and other beverage tent, live music, caricatures, local rescues and adoptables. Thanks to our many sponsors and community support, we are expecting this year’s event to be our biggest ever.
We’re just days away from WRW 2015 — be a part of it!
We’re barely more than two weeks away from the big day: Walk Run Wag 2015 on May 30th. If you haven’t registered yet, remember that signing up now online guarantees you a shirt in your preferred size, spares you the long lines of people registering the morning of the event, and gives you more time to form a team or fundraise and maximize the awesome support you’re giving Milwaukee’s neediest animals.
Remember: online registration ends Sunday, May 24 at midnight.
Still on the fence about signing up? Don’t forget we’ve got a ton of family-friendly activities planned for after the run/walk, including lure coursing, agility, dock diving, face painting, caricatures, vendors, rescues, adoptables, food trucks, a beer and beverage tent and live music! We’ve got a few surprises in store for you, too, including local celebrities stopping by to share in the fun.
Registered already? Thank you! How about taking a moment now to check out our amazing sponsors, many of whom will be present at the event. (Actually, you’ll need more than a moment…we have had a fantastic response from our community for WRW2015 and want to say a huge THANK YOU to all the local businesses, institutions and individuals whose generosity is making this year our biggest outing ever! Swing by our sponsor page to meet them!)
A reminder to everyone (and everydog) participating in WRW 2015 on May 30 that Pier Pups will be offering dock diving with sessions beginning at 10 am. Please note: pre-registration is required and spots fill up faster than a Retriever jumps in a puddle — yes, that fast. Please visit their event calendar to sign up today and also to learn more about the activity.
Not a water lover? No problem! There will be plenty of other activities at our after-race festivities, including a photo booth, face painting, caricatures, lure coursing, agility and more! Plus food trucks, a beer/beverage tent, adoptables, local rescues, vendors and live music from Bushwood. (Please note: Some of our activity providers do request a modest fee for participation, others suggest a donation.)
Didn’t make the May 1st deadline to get our Early Bird Discount when registering for Walk Run Wag 2015? Not a problem! Participating in WRW 2015 is still one of the most affordable options for fun that you’ll find in the Milwaukee area — and the money raised goes to help animals in the greatest need!
As of midnight today, registration fees are:
Adult, 5k run, with or without dog: $25
Adult, 1- or 2-mile walk, with or without dog: $20
Children, run or walk, with or without dog: STILL FREE! (You can’t get cheaper than free!)
“Sleep In” option for those who are too busy, out of town or just plain not morning people…register and we’ll mail you a shirt, no need to show up at the event (though you’ll miss out on tons of fun): $20
Now, let’s put those fees into perspective. $25 could buy you:
- About one-quarter of a general admission, uncovered lawn seat at the Rolling Stones’ June 23rd Marcus Amphitheater gig at Summerfest.
- Half of a loge infield seat to watch the Brewers take on the Diamondbacks on WRW day, May 30th.
- Less than half of a single day ticket to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee.
And, we might add, none of those activities comes with a free t-shirt, or helps Milwaukee’s animals. And we’re pretty sure not even the Stones are going to offer you dock diving, lure coursing, agility, face painting and all the other goodies we’ve got planned for you. (And, by the way, while you get a free t-shirt for participating in Walk Run Wag, you don’t have to do the run or walk to join us May 30th at Hart Park for all the other fun activities, including vendors, food trucks and adoptables from local rescues. Some after-race activities do require a modest additional fee.)
Today is the last day to register early for WRW 2015…prices go up May 1!
If you’re on the fence about whether to join us May 30 for WRW 2015, how about this: thanks to our terrific sponsors, we’re adding DOCK DIVING to our activities, which include lure coursing, agility, a pup-friendly photo booth, face painting and more. We’ve also got food trucks, a beer and beverage tent, great vendors and adoptables from area rescues, plus a few local celebrities who will be showing up to give their support to Milwaukee’s neediest animals.
You and your pooch can do the walk or run, and then spend the day having even more fun.
Check out a recent spot on WTMJ’s Morning Blend on WRW 2015!
WRW 2015 is on May 30, which seems like a long way away. But we’re just ten days away from the end of our Early Registration period. Why should you register before May 1? We’ve got ten great reasons:
10. Save the planet! Register online and you won’t have to fill out a form and waiver on race day, which saves paper, which saves trees, which is the green way to go.
9. Build momentum! We are fortunate to have a number of businesses and organizations support us, but we’re always looking for bring new sponsors to the event. Many times, folks we approach want to know about the size of the event. The more people we have registered early, the more interest we can generate among potential sponsors.
8. Spread the word! Register early and, when you talk up the event to friends, neighbors, local businesses you frequent and your workplace, and people ask if you’re doing Walk Run Wag 2015, you can answer “heck yeah!”
7. Reduce stress! Register early and it’s smooth sailing till race day. No need to worry about arriving early and waiting in lines (which can be very long) to register on May 30, the day of the event.
6. Plan your weekend! We know we’re heading into a busy time of year, but register early, reserve Saturday, May 30th on your calendar for WRW2015 and you’ve set aside a day for fun. In addition to the 5k race and 1 and 2 mile walks, we’ve got hours of awesome activities in store: lure coursing, agility, vendors and rescue booths, live music from local band Bushwood, tasty food trucks with plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options, a beer tent and much, much more, including a few BIG SURPRISES we’ll be announcing soon. Make a day of it with your family!
5. Motivation! Whether you’re planning on running the 5k or doing our 1- or 2- mile walking course, making a commitment to the May 30th event today will help motivate you to lace up those sneakers, stretch and hit the sidewalk/track/trail/treadmill. And if you’re doing the event with your pup, you’ve got time to shake off those winter laze-abouts and get back into the habit of long walks or jogs with your favorite four-leg. You and your pooch will benefit from the extra exercise and show up on the starting line May 30th in fine form!
4. Make your fee go further! Registering early means you’ll have plenty of time to create a fundraising page and encourage family and friends to support your race — all of which maximizes the help you’re giving Milwaukee’s neediest animals. Visit our Fundraising page for an easy how-to.
3. Team building! Literally! Registering early gives you time to form a team, which will make both training and participating in WRW even more fun. Check out our Team page for more information.
2. Guaranteed swag! Register early to be assured that a t-shirt in your requested size is waiting for you when you pick up your race materials 8-10 am May 30, the morning of the event at Hart Park in Wauwatosa, or at our early packet pick-up on Friday, May 29, 3:30-7:30 at MADACC, 3839 W. Burnham.
1. SAVE MONEY! Hey, we get it. This is Milwaukee, after all, and we all love a bargain. That’s why you should register early, before May 1, to save $5 off your registration fee.
Don’t worry, Walk Run Wag 2015 isn’t until May 30, so you still have time to stretch those hamstrings and ramp up your training. But early registration closes soon! Once the clock strikes midnight and we enter the month of May, prices go up! Register now to take advantage of our Early Bird discount.
Registering early also guarantees we’ll have a t-shirt in your choice of size ready and waiting for you when you pick up your race day materials. And it means you can start a fundraising page to make the most of your support for Milwaukee’s neediest animals.
To everyone who has already registered, thanks! Your participation is already helping the animals at MADACC by generating increased interest from sponsors and local media. 2015 is on track to be Walk Run Wag’s most successful year yet — thanks for being part of it!
Don’t forget: registration fees go up on May 1 for Walk Run Wag 2015. Register in April to take advantage of the current Early Bird discount!
Have you already registered? Awesome! We’ll see you on May 30th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa for the event. Until then, consider making the most of your participation by starting a fundraising page and/or forming a team. We’ve got details on how to do both here.
Thinking about becoming a sponsor? Cool! Check out our sponsor page to learn more about different levels of participation and how your support improves the lives of Milwaukee animals and the greater community.
Got other questions? Check out the FAQ!
See you May 30th!