Registration for the 2013 Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC is open HERE!
Join us on Saturday, June 22nd at Hart Park in Wauwatosa for a 5K run and a 1 or 2 mile walk – dogs welcome!
Kicking off at 9:30 a.m. is a chip-timed 5K for people, followed by a chip-timed 5K for people & their dogs (six-legged run) at 9:45 a.m. A one or two mile walk for people & their dogs begins at 10 a.m.
Following the run/walk will be Central Bark Fido Fest sponsored by Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists. Milwaukee’s “Ulti-mutt day out” also benefits Friends of MADACC and will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with FREE admission. The event will include a wide array of vendors, canine activities, lure coursing, dock diving, live music, food, a beer tent, demonstrations, adoptable animals, kids’ area, and more. Fido Fest will offer something for the whole family – two-legged and four-legged alike!
Watch this brief video and learn about how money raised at the event helps animals in need at MADACC!
Please be aware of the following:
- Dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination (6 months of age or older).
- Dogs in heat are not permitted to participate.
- An adult (18 or older) must be in control of your dog.
- Keep your dog on a 6′ or shorter leash at all times (no extending leashes).
- You must clean up after your dog (bags will be provided).
- Bring your dog only if he or she will enjoy being around other people and dogs. Friends of MADACC Walk, Run, Wag officials may refuse entry to any dog exhibiting behavior that could be dangerous to other dogs or participants.
- Runners with dogs will go out in a wave after runners without dogs.
- Participate only if you and your dog are in adequate physical condition.
No bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, etc. are permitted for safety reasons. Baby strollers are allowed.
Here’s who’s coming (mixes listed as their primary breed). Is your favorite listed?
Australian Cattle Dog
Chesapeake Bay Retriever
Jack Russell Terrier
Mini Golden Doodle
Old English Sheepdog
Rat Terrier/Spitz/Blue Heeler
Download and print our event flyers and share with your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. – and help increase the amount of funds raised for the animals!
Thank you to all who came out to support MADACC! We raised more than $15,000 and will be using the proceeds to help with phase II of the MADACC outdoor kennel project, which includes kennel covers and other amenities to enhance the animals’ time outside.
Our deepest and sincere appreciation to all of you for your support and contributions. We look forward to seeing you again at next year’s event!