WRW 2015 is on May 30, which seems like a long way away. But we’re just ten days away from the end of our Early Registration period. Why should you register before May 1? We’ve got ten great reasons:
10. Save the planet! Register online and you won’t have to fill out a form and waiver on race day, which saves paper, which saves trees, which is the green way to go.
9. Build momentum! We are fortunate to have a number of businesses and organizations support us, but we’re always looking for bring new sponsors to the event. Many times, folks we approach want to know about the size of the event. The more people we have registered early, the more interest we can generate among potential sponsors.
8. Spread the word! Register early and, when you talk up the event to friends, neighbors, local businesses you frequent and your workplace, and people ask if you’re doing Walk Run Wag 2015, you can answer “heck yeah!”
7. Reduce stress! Register early and it’s smooth sailing till race day. No need to worry about arriving early and waiting in lines (which can be very long) to register on May 30, the day of the event.
6. Plan your weekend! We know we’re heading into a busy time of year, but register early, reserve Saturday, May 30th on your calendar for WRW2015 and you’ve set aside a day for fun. In addition to the 5k race and 1 and 2 mile walks, we’ve got hours of awesome activities in store: lure coursing, agility, vendors and rescue booths, live music from local band Bushwood, tasty food trucks with plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options, a beer tent and much, much more, including a few BIG SURPRISES we’ll be announcing soon. Make a day of it with your family!
5. Motivation! Whether you’re planning on running the 5k or doing our 1- or 2- mile walking course, making a commitment to the May 30th event today will help motivate you to lace up those sneakers, stretch and hit the sidewalk/track/trail/treadmill. And if you’re doing the event with your pup, you’ve got time to shake off those winter laze-abouts and get back into the habit of long walks or jogs with your favorite four-leg. You and your pooch will benefit from the extra exercise and show up on the starting line May 30th in fine form!
4. Make your fee go further! Registering early means you’ll have plenty of time to create a fundraising page and encourage family and friends to support your race — all of which maximizes the help you’re giving Milwaukee’s neediest animals. Visit our Fundraising page for an easy how-to.
3. Team building! Literally! Registering early gives you time to form a team, which will make both training and participating in WRW even more fun. Check out our Team page for more information.
2. Guaranteed swag! Register early to be assured that a t-shirt in your requested size is waiting for you when you pick up your race materials 8-10 am May 30, the morning of the event at Hart Park in Wauwatosa, or at our early packet pick-up on Friday, May 29, 3:30-7:30 at MADACC, 3839 W. Burnham.
1. SAVE MONEY! Hey, we get it. This is Milwaukee, after all, and we all love a bargain. That’s why you should register early, before May 1, to save $5 off your registration fee.
Don’t worry, Walk Run Wag 2015 isn’t until May 30, so you still have time to stretch those hamstrings and ramp up your training. But early registration closes soon! Once the clock strikes midnight and we enter the month of May, prices go up! Register now to take advantage of our Early Bird discount.
Registering early also guarantees we’ll have a t-shirt in your choice of size ready and waiting for you when you pick up your race day materials. And it means you can start a fundraising page to make the most of your support for Milwaukee’s neediest animals.
To everyone who has already registered, thanks! Your participation is already helping the animals at MADACC by generating increased interest from sponsors and local media. 2015 is on track to be Walk Run Wag’s most successful year yet — thanks for being part of it!
Don’t forget: registration fees go up on May 1 for Walk Run Wag 2015. Register in April to take advantage of the current Early Bird discount!
Have you already registered? Awesome! We’ll see you on May 30th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa for the event. Until then, consider making the most of your participation by starting a fundraising page and/or forming a team. We’ve got details on how to do both here.
Thinking about becoming a sponsor? Cool! Check out our sponsor page to learn more about different levels of participation and how your support improves the lives of Milwaukee animals and the greater community.
Got other questions? Check out the FAQ!
See you May 30th!
There’s no need to pack a lunch when you join us for WRW on May 30 — there will be plenty of food and beverage vendors on hand! The Gouda Girls, Simmer Milwaukee, Burgermeister and Meat on the Street, as well as a beer tent from our friends at Leff’s Lucky Town, will all be part of the fun — and the yum! Vegetarian and gluten-free items will be available for purchase along with omnivore fare.
Now that we’ve gotten rid of that pesky snow, it’s time to really start training for Walk Run Wag 2015…and it’s also time to get the word out about the event! Check out our eye-catching new flyers and feel free to download, print and share with friends, co-workers, neighbors and local businesses (just remember to get permission first when putting them up in others’ windows and community boards).
And don’t forget: one way to make WRW 2015 an even better experience for you and for the animals who benefit from the event is to form a team and fundraise. Learn how here!
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Check out our updated sponsor page for details. We have new levels of sponsorship to suit your organization. Each year, our amazing supporters help our event grow — that means more fun for participants and more aid for animals in need. Won’t you be a part of Walk Run Wag 2015?
Registration is really picking up for Walk Run Wage 2015 (don’t forget, May 30th is not that far away!), and most of our awesome participants are choosing to sign up online. But some people want to register old school style, by mail. No problem! Download and print our 2015 registration form by clicking on the link below. Don’t forget to sign and include the waiver when mailing it in — we can’t process your registration without it!
Thanks for your participation!
Whew! Lots to do as we get ready for Walk Run Wag 2015. Join us!
Our Frequently Asked Questions page has been updated with information about WRW2015. Check it out to learn more about this year’s event and all the good you can do by participating, forming a team and fundraising.
Online registration is now open. Register today to enjoy our Early Bird Discount. Prices increase May 1!
Stop by and say hi to Friends of MADACC 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Great Lakes Pet Expo on Saturday, Jan. 31, at the Wisconsin Expo Center at State Fair Park. We will have flyers and paper registration forms for WRW2015.
Are you ready to walk, run, wag, lope, lollygag, perambulate and, most of all, have fun while helping Milwaukee’s neediest animals? Well, registration for Walk Run Wag 2015 opens Thursday, January 15.
Visit our RunSignUp page to register, start your own fundraising page, start or join a team and shop for WRW and Friends of MADACC gear!
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
Location: Hart Park, 7300 Chestnut Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
- Adult 5K Run (humans-only, chip-timed), start time 10 a.m., $20 ($25 if you register on or after May 1)
- Adult 5K Run (with a dog, chip-timed), start time 10:15 a.m., $20 ($25 if you register on or after May 1)
- Adult 2 mile walk, with or without a dog, start time 10:30 a.m., $15 ($20 if you register on or after May 1)
- Children can register free to run or walk, with or without a dog!
Please note there is a $2.50 sign up fee added to each adult registration. Your registration fee includes a race t-shirt.
Watch this space for details on all the fun activities planned for you and your family (including, of course, your four-legged family members!) in addition to our run/walk. And thanks for helping our community’s animals!
We know you’re busy with holiday bustle at the moment, but 2015 is right around the corner. Make a resolution now to join us at Hart Park in Wauwatosa, on Saturday, May 30, for Walk Run Wag 2015!
Watch this space in the coming weeks for answers to all the questions we know are bubbling up inside you right now, including when registration starts and race day details…it’s all in the works, folks, and we think you’re going to find WRW 2015 is our best year yet.
Until our next update, have an amazing holiday season and the happiest of new years — and thanks for your support!