Walkers and runners with dogs, please be aware of the following:
– Dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination (6 months of age or older).
– Dogs in heat are not permitted to participate.
– An adult (18 or older) must be in control of your dog.
– Keep your dog on a 6′ or shorter leash at all times (no extending leashes).
– You must clean up after your dog (bags will be provided).
– Bring your dog only if he or she will enjoy being around other people and dogs. Friends of MADACC Walk, Run, Wag officials may refuse entry to any dog exhibiting behavior that could be dangerous to other dogs or participants.
– Runners with dogs will go out in a wave after runners without dogs.
– Participate only if you and your dog are in adequate physical condition.
No bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, etc. are permitted for safety reasons. Baby strollers are allowed.
Packet pickup (including goody bag & t-shirt) will be available on Friday, June 21 from 4-7:30 p.m. at MADACC (3839 W. Burnham St., Milwaukee) and Saturday, June 22 beginning at 8 a.m. at Hart Park prior to the event.
Join us on Saturday, June 22nd at Hart Park in Wauwatosa for a 5K run and a 1 or 2 mile walk – dogs welcome! Emceed by Nicole Koglin, Anchor for “FOX6 WakeUp” and “Real Milwaukee!”
Kicking off at 9:30 a.m. is a chip-timed 5K for people, followed by a chip-timed 5K for people & their dogs (six-legged run) at 9:45 a.m. A one or two mile walk for people & their dogs begins at 10 a.m.
Following the run/walk will be Central Bark Fido Fest sponsored by Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists. Milwaukee’s “Ulti-mutt day out” also benefits Friends of MADACC and will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with FREE admission. The event will include a wide array of vendors, canine activities, lure coursing, dock diving, live music, food, a beer tent, demonstrations, adoptable animals, kids’ area, and more. Fido Fest will offer something for the whole family – two-legged and four-legged alike!
Watch this brief video and learn about how money raised at the event helps animals in need at MADACC!
Here’s who wagged their way through 2013’s route (mixes listed as their primary breed). Is your favorite listed?
Australian Cattle Dog
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Chesapeake Bay Retriever
English Springer Spaniel
Jack Russell Terrier
Mini Golden Doodle
Old English Sheepdog
Rat Terrier/Spitz/Blue Heeler
Download and print our event flyers and share with your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. – and help increase the amount of funds raised for the animals!