We’ve been getting the question “What about teams for WRW2016” a lot in the past few weeks, especially from people who participated last year as a team and had tons of fun doing it (yes, even in last year’s unexpected “interesting” weather!). We absolutely welcome teams of all sizes, whether it’s you and your dog, a few family members or your entire company. The more, the merrier! (Though smaller teams also get pretty darn merry!)
Forming a team is fast and easy and there is no additional cost to do so. So check out the new WRW2016 TEAM flyer for more information and a how-to, and start building your team today!
We’ve received a few questions about whether it’s possible to participate in Walk Run Wag 2014 as a team. It sure is! Just follow these steps to start the process (it may seem like a long list, but you’ll find the process fast and easy):
1. Go to our online registration page.
2. Choose which event your team is participating in (walk, run, run with dog, etc).
3. You’ll be prompted for basic registrant information, and given the option to “add another registrant.” You do not need to register the entire team, just individuals you’ll be paying for.
4. Check the waiver box and then click “continue.”
5. Select t-shirt size(s).
6. Choose “Create or Join a Fundraising Team.” Then, if you’re the team’s captain, choose “Create New Fundraising Page.” If you’re joining an existing team, choose “Join Fundraising Team.”
7. Choose your charity — Friends of MADACC is the only option, but you still have to select it!
8. Choose your fundraising goal.
9. Write a personal message about your goal.
10. Complete the registration and payment as prompted.
11. The most important step — pat yourself on the back for a job well done!